10.13.2009

Lately

I realize that I have been MIA for the last month. . . I take no responsibility. . . I blame it on him.

Meet Jans. . . He makes me extremely happy and receives quite a lot of my attention. . . . so I am sorry if I have neglected some of you, I DO love you, I am just preoccupied right now. . . :)

Before we started officially "dating" I politely explained how now was not a good time for me, I am extremely busy, and really just don't have time for a boyfriend in my life, we could certainly be friends though. His response? the Lord would not have put me in your life if He didn't know you could handle it. So here is to trying to juggle nursing school, stake YSA co-chair calling (and all the insanity it still intails, the end is near though, others are starting to get callings!!!!!!!!!!!), daughter, sister, aunt, friend, work - this may seem like nothing to some of you, those that are ridiculously productive and can wear 100 different hats but me... i feel like if i have too much going on then someone or something gets a half-butt effort from me and I HATE THAT! So. . . for the last month I have been playing a balancing act and Jans has won over sleep and homework a lot of the time. Don't worry, I am still passing my classes and finally over being sick from lack of sleep, it was just a rough go for a while there. Things are starting to normalize; I am getting to a point where I can work on homework (as long as it does not require too much brain power) while he watches the baseball game, I would just rather not! I am learning a LOT, it is so fun to date someone with culture who has a very different background from me because it gives me the opportunity to learn and to go out of my comfort zone and try new things (Latin dancing?!?! really?) Jans is right in that the Lord will not bless me with opportunities that I can not make time for. So here is to many more nights like this!!!

8 comments:

Chad and Mandi said...

Love it, LOVE it, LOVE IT!!!!! I think we are mentally linked. I was just thinking about you yesterday, and your last blog post about the "boy" who got your number and asked you to dance. I thought to myself, "I hope things worked out for them". And they did, and I am so happy to see you so happy!

Sarah said...

I absolutely adore that last picture of the two of you. ADORE. You just look so beautiful and happy. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Love this post! He must be an awesome guy if he is dating you! :)

ashley knell said...

Life can be so exciting! I love how things happen when you're least expecting it. I hope this relationship works out the way you want it to! Keep me posted!

xoxo.

Bree :--) said...

He is adorable. You guys look so happy in that bottom picture, love it! I hope you continue feeling good. You deserve all that is GREAT and more!! Have fun

Alex and Katie said...

ow ow. Look at you with your hot latin boy! So happy for you Lauren

Karly said...

Oh Lauren I'm so happy for you! I haven't said hello in while (I know how you feel with the being busy thing) but I love reading your blog. You 2 are absolutely cute together. I agree with Sarah, I ADORE that last picture.

Megan said...

couldn't be happier for you! you deserve to be taken care of... let him do it! Sure love you woman!!!