i've been thinking about why I don't blog. Why don't I share with others the happenings of life. Why do you blog? I like reading your blog. Is that why you do it?
Sometimes I think people share things that are too private, things I would have a hard time telling my best friend let alone the world. Sometimes I think people brag when they blog and that bugs me, your life isn't perfect so don't pretend what like it is. I guess more than anything is I find that I don't see the real side of people on their blogs, I see the side that the person wants others to see but when you spend time with people you see the side of them that they aren't always proud of. You see the vulnerable and imperfect and quite frankly that makes me feel better. It makes me feel human, it makes me feel like its okay to have my messy kitchen and piles of laundry, I can console you in your moments of need because I can see them, because I see you. I hear in your voice the pain, I see in your eyes the sadness. its okay to fight and cry, its okay to be human and to feel life happen. I want to be real, I want to be me and quite frankly that me is not the me that blogs. it just isn't me so why pretend? If you want updates on my life I want you to call me, or email me. I LOVE talking and spending time with people. I want to share with you whats happening in my life. But honestly, I dont want you to know whats happening in my life if you won't pick up the phone and call to find out.... I want real friends and real family. I want people who are there, who are present, and who take the time to develop a real friendship with me.
I know a lot of people blog so that they have a record for their kids but thats not me. If I blog it will be about something, about a cause or something. So for now I am not blogging because quite frankly I haven't found something worth taking the time away from my friends and family to blog about.
Until then. Call me :)
1 comment:
Amen, sister! Read my blog and you will definitely see the real me, no hiding there. It's okay that you don't blog, I do it for family and friends whether or not they care to read it. ;)
Plus, I'm NOT a phone talker. Word!
Post a Comment