9.16.2009

YSA Weekend

Friday - For the last few years there has been a Latin Dance that occurs every 2nd Friday. When we started creating a Stake YSA program we realized that the dance was spending all of our budget. We decided that we had to cancel the dances for the remainder of the year. So. . . I had the job of going to the September YSA dance and announcing that it was the last one for the year. For those of you who know me, you know that I am not a dancer, especially not a Latin dancer. With that being said, I had made it the entire dance without dancing, I stayed at the entrance and had people sign in, I checked rooms, I walked around, but I did not dance. Well, did not dance until the last dance. When a very convincing boy (who I had been talking with throughout the night and who I had been stearing clear around the dance floor of because I was secretly hoping he would ask me to dance and thought he would but I didn't want to embarrass myself ) asked me to dance in the middle of the very last dance. I can't believe I actually danced AND actually liked it!!!!!

Saturday - The Gaithersburg 1st ward YSA's decided to have a BBQ. They invited the rest of the Stake YSA's, so I showed up, not sure how I woke up exactly because I didn't go to bed until, oh say two thirty. There were about ten of us that showed up and we went to Black Hills and went for a leisurely walk. We played games, grilled burgers and hot dogs, and had fun. I love smallish groups where you actually get to know people. I saw a couple guys that I haven't seen in years and it was fun to get to know them again. It didn't hurt that the cute boy from Friday night was there AND got my number. :)

Stretching before the "hike", lets be honest, it was a stroll in the park

Group shot #1 - (cute boy is the one sitting next to me in navy) - missing Laura, she was still sleeping apparently.


Group Shot #2
Sunday - CES Fireside for young adults. We have treats before it starts which is always fun, annoying when I always forget to go buy stuff to make treats so we have to ransack the house and figure out what we have that could work. There were only about 10-15 of us that showed up but it was good. A group of about 7 of us stayed after and talked for a while, it was fun to be social, didn't hurt that cute boy came to that too :)
I did more social things in this one weekend then I think I have done in the last year. literally. go me!

No comments: