5.30.2009

Seneca Stake YSA Picnic

So. . . I never posted about this but I had surgery on May 13th. Had a fascia release on my right leg so that my herniated muscle would stop bothering me. Things had been going fine, I had just started antibiotics because I could tell it was infected. I went to the Seneca Stake YSA picnic and decided (against medical advice) to play volleyball, what could it hurt?!?! I had been SO good in the OBX and had not done anything active, except ride a bike, so I figured I was entitled, PLUS, it wasn't really a competitive game.

Well, we played for a while, I was doing awesome, being a spaz and enjoying myself. Apparently I dove for a ball, tripped, slipped, I dont know what but the next thing I know everyone is telling me that I have blood on my leg. I looked down and sure enough, blood is somewhat spurting out of the incision on my leg. I ran to the car, got out my EMT bag, cleaned it up all nice like, and headed back to the picnic. Turns out my incident ended the game so we just chatted and had Rita's Italian Ice after that.

I decided to call my doctors office on my way home, I was thinking I had somehow broken the stitches underneath and they might want to do something about it. The doc on call was so nice, told me it was probably a good thing it had broken open because all the infected junk got out. I was to use hydrogen peroxide once, then wash it with soap and water 3 times a day and go see my doc first thing monday morning.

Update: Saw the doc, everything is good!!! looks TONS better than it did before I broke it open, see sometimes I am not a complete idiot. sorry, no pics to post. bummer.

No comments: