3.17.2007
a 180 lb dead weight
yes, I did it again, I got my behind out of bed at 7:30am on a Saturday to go to campus and practice saving lives! Today Kevin, our instructor, brought a 180lb dead weight dummy to practice on. They put him into a car and had us go through an entire scenario. The scenario was a 40 year old gentleman who was driving 80 mph on the freeway and bent over to find his cell phone and ran into a stopped moving van, never hit the breaks. The thing about this guy is that #1, he doesn't help you AT ALL, #2, both of his legs were totally amputated or partially, #3, he is HUGE!!!. So, we got to do our initial assessment in the car, I manually stabilized his head/neck until we could get him attached to an extrication device and then got to lift this guy out of the van and put him on a stretcher. It was such great practice. I don't know if my head will feel quite as clear when it is for real, but it just all seemed natural. The sequence of events flows. I am SOOO glad that I am doing this, I am learning a ton and feel much better prepared for traumatic events within the lives of my own family and loved ones to help and actually make a difference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That's amazing Lolo. You are learning so much - you'll be so glad you did it.
That is awesome! You are gonna be great...I can't wait to see you!
Good job, Lolo - that 180# man was lucky you were there to help him!
It's really good you are doing this. Great job Lauren!
wow. i am fully impressed. like i said, you have ot be aorund in case i am ever mortally wounded.
YEAH YOU!! I am so impressed! And that you said it felt natural! you're amazing :)
Post a Comment