7.24.2011
I am officially
ACLS CERTIFIED!!! it may not mean much to many of you but it means a lot to me because I no longer have to have another nurse transport my patients!! You see, As an ICU nurse you have to be ACLS (advanced cardiac life support) certified before you can take your patient off the floor for tests. This is because they are hooked up to a cardiac monitor that we keep on the bed with an AED and baggie of drugs. ACLS teaches tests your ability to decipher different heart rhythm and the intervention for each. It's a two day class with the first day teaching and the second day testing. My scenario and written test went great and I was done by noon on the second day!! Hazaa!!!! Wouldn't you know it that my first day at work after my patient needed three ct scans?!? So I got my monitor, drugs and aed and headed down, praying the whole time I wouldn't have to use anything that I had learned. It went off without a hitch but I was nervous the whole time!!! I am sure in time it will be less stressful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment