The last few months have been incredible! I have learned and grown and accomplished so much and I am SO grateful. Sure there have been some rough spots some fights some disappointments some less than stellar performances but overall, I am SO THRILLED with where I am. Jans and I are almost settled in the townhouse, L has stayed the night once and we are ready for the next go around this weekend, I got my license, started orientation and have successfully been on y own as a RN in the ICU for two weeks!! Our crap is all out of my parents house, we went to atlanta and saw the Braves play all three games against the Phillies last weekend and we won the series!!!! I got my first root canal, went to the ER with my sweetie for the first time, celebrated the big mans 29th birthday with fabulous friends and great food. My sister and I and my parents participated in the grand opening of Cafe Rio on the east coast and I have spent WAY too much there already. I have made amazing new friends and reconnected with dear friends that I have spent too much time away from. I have spent much of th last week with my dear sister who is back from Texas and had her andmy baby brother over to my house for the first time!
There is so much to do still and I am so far behind on some things but for today I am grateful. Grateful I got to cuddle my hubby today at 10 in the morning, grateful I got 5 loads of laundry done, grateful the kitchen REALLY clean for the first time, grateful my phenomenal sister spent the ENTIRE afternoon and night at my house making a tv stand that my poor sweetie is just too sick to help me make and I was so tired of looking at the pieces I could spit on them. Grateful for the homemade frozen yogurt my dad gave me and the food storage my mom canned for us. Beyond grateful for amaZing friends who offered and came over to give Jans a blessing, what comfort it gave me!! Grateful for my job, y family. My life. I know I am grumpy sometimes and I've been more flakey than my normal self, I am trying so hard to adjust so please forgive me!!!
1 comment:
I was reading and thinking.."Lauren has a way with words and I like how she writes." Then I started remembering all our late night talks and I realized how much I miss you. You are one of the most positive people I know! Thanks for everything and keep posting!
Post a Comment