I have a lot of posts in the works and i was really hoping to finish at least one today but maybe I still will but before I do I have to post a somewhat annoying story so that I stop thinking about it. As many of you may recall Jordan and I were in an accident back in March. I was driving Jordan's car and totaled it. Jordan came home for the first time since then and I was driving her (for the first time since the accident) in my car up to Pennsylvania to meet up with our dad and brother to go to hershey park for the evening.
After forgetting my pajamas and going the wrong way to the freeway we ended up on 270 during rush-hour. While driving toward Fredrick the car in front of me hit their brakes and I couldn't move my foot to the brake fast enough (dumb flip flops, i will NEVER wear them while driving again) to stop in time to not bump the mini-van in front of me, LITERALLY bump. I quickly move to the shoulder, praying that there was no damage and we could get on our way. I was relieved when I saw that neither car had a scratch on it and I was practially back in my car before her car got to the shoulder. I went up to her car and asked her if they were okay. All 5 of them look at me in horror and in broken english tell me that they were not okay, they were already in a lot of pain, they had been in an accident a few weeks prior, and that they want my insurance information because they are in a hurry to get somewhere.
I am no dummy, if they are claiming injury to an accident going 5 mph with NO DAMAGE, not even a scratch, I am not just giving them my information and walking away, I called 911. The nice state trooper came, asked me what happened and rolled his eyes when i told him she was claiming injury. She told him she wanted to go to the hospital to which he replied that he would call her an ambulance but that she would have to find someone to come get the kids and the van would have to be towed. She didn't want those things to happen but she wanted to go to the hospital. After telling her the same thing three or four times she said she didn't want to go to the hospital. He then told us to switch information and we could be on our way. By this time there are 2 fire trucks, and ambulance and 2 SUV's of rescue personnel, FOR NO REASON!!!!! I was annoyed for them, granted they were cute so they could have stayed. She did not have her insurance information so the trooper got it for me, I gave her mine and we were on our way WITHOUT A TICKET mind you, I was so thrilled that he did not write me a ticket I could have cried!!! We were on the road for not even 2 minutes when I remembered that I had not taken any pictures of her car. So Jordan got out my camera and from our moving vehicle she took a couple pictures of her bumper, just in case I was going to need them.
I didn't call my insurance company because there was no damage, I didn't think there was a need to. It has been a week now and I assumed that if she was going to call it in she would have done it already, I had moved on. I was awoken from my nap to the sound of the phone, it was all-state. Apparently her attorney called it in and said it happened on the 25th, which it didn't, it happened on the 23rd. I told her my side of the story which she was grateful to hear and I told her that I had pictures and a police report she was even more grateful. Apparently little information was provided to them. Of course she still has to talk to my parents because it is their policy and i'm sure this lady will end up getting paid money but I am glad I covered myself. That I called the police and that I had jordan take pictures.
You know, maybe she really did get hurt by getting bumped from behind going 5 miles an hour, and if she did she is entitled to getting paid for it, but if she is just trying to get my money I am going to be seriously irritated. Here is to hoping that the insurance company does their due-dilligence and I don't get ripped off.
1 comment:
Let me just say I love you to death! You are a smart, independent, capable woman. Way to cover your bases and I hope it all works out.
Post a Comment