8.14.2008

Chivalry is alive

So at work today I was reminded that chivalry is actually not dead. When I was in high school and during my freshman year at BYU I HATED when anyone held the door/opened the door for me. My thought was that I was completely capable of doing it myself. . .THANK YOU VERY MUCH. During my first year back at the Y I had a couple good guy friends that insisted on opening the door for me and i started to really appreciate it. I try to always remember to reach across the seat and open the drivers side door when someone opens my door for me & to say thank you to complete strangers who hold the door.

Okay, onto the story. There is this guy at work that holds the door open for me every time we are walking together and will even wait at a door if he sees me coming. I am glad that I can now appreciate it rather than being offended.

4 comments:

Corinne said...

Yes. You should appreciate that :)

Sarah said...

I LOVE when someone holds the door open for me. I'm glad you've learned to appreciate it. =)

Brad and Britt said...

awe, my little girl is all grow'd up! way to be Lou!

Carolyn said...

It is nice to feel like somebody just wants to do a little something to brighten your day. I appreciate it when people hold the door for me, too. :)