9.17.2007

Gym & Lesson

So last night Kate, Susan and I went to Lifestyle Gym (Kate's gym, which had an open house) and we shot around for a while. Don't worry, I am such a freaking idiot and FORGOT MY ORTHOTICS!!!!!! I had to play with no insoles in at all! needless to say I did not play very competitively. After we were done in there Susan decided that she wanted to see how much she could leg press. Please be impressed that the last one she did (I refused to let her do anymore) was 1010 lbs. I dont remember how much I did, Kate, do you remember? Whatever it was, it was a whole lot more than I thought I could! After that we went and did as many reps on the bench press as we could. Kate & Susan each got 50 without stopping, I took a little break at 34 but I did get 51. =) needless to say I am a LOT sore today. Good thing I am going to go running tomorrow.

As for my relief society lesson, it went really well. I taught on marriage but thanks to my chat with aunt cathy I focused on our need to develop our relationship with the Lord and how it is through that relationship that we trust that our chance at eternal marriage will come in His time. There was great participation. I love the girls in our relief society. A sad note. Church starts with Relief Society at 9am. Don't worry, only 4 girls were there besides the Presidency when we started. SAD!!! We are going to start bribing =)

Time to go to bed. Lynette, Meghan and I are going to run 4 miles tomorrow. I will report on how I do and if I can do it without stopping!!!!!

Saturday is my first ever "race". The three of us, at least, are running the homecoming 5k. I am super excited!

2 comments:

Alder Family said...

I am so glad your lesson went well...and how sad that attendance was so slim. Did it pick up after a half hour or so?

tom said...

Have fun on the 5K! I always like a weekend race.