If you don't live in Utah you probably do not know that there is a BYU student who has not been seen since Thursday, August 30th. Her roommate is the last person who saw her but it was believed that she was going on a bike ride.
A BYU news release states the following: "The search is being conducted through the Laura Recovery Center in conjunction with the Provo City Police Department and BYU. The Laura Recovery Center emphasizes that volunteers are needed for door-to-door interviews to gather information about Camille and her bicycle, as well as participate in search efforts."
So, this morning I got up early and headed up to campus to the Harman Building where I was put into a search team to go look for Camille, and any evidence that may lead to finding her. The longer I spent on the cause today the more I came to understand what it might feel like to have a family member or friend go missing. What would you want those in the community to be willing to offer if someone you loved were all the sudden gone? I guess that is the main reason I am volunteering. I don't know Camille, I know someone who knows her, but I don't know her. I just know that if one of you were gone I would want EVERYONE to drop EVERYTHING and help.
We live in a scary world.
2 comments:
good for you for getting out there lolo
I'm impressed. I know that her family and friends must be so grateful for everyone who is volunteering. Way to go Rolito
Post a Comment