8.17.2007

Temple Trip

It has been quite a while since I have had the opportunity to go to the Washington D.C. Temple to perform baptisms for the dead. Mom has been working on family history for ages and had some names that we could take to the temple. So, we decided to take a trip to the temple to do baptisms for some of our ancestors. Mom, Dad, and I went to the temple on Tuesday night and were scheduled to join a ward youth group, it was our understanding that a young man from that ward would be proxy for the boy names that we brought with us. When we got there no one was there yet so they gave us our clothes and we got all ready. Still no one. 20 minutes later, still no one. So the nice temple worker went and found some other priesthood holders who could help with the girl names until a boy got there to help. It was so neat! Me, mom, dad, and 3 other priesthood holders all in the font area. Dad baptized me for 13 women in moms family line, including Grandma Prox and her sisters. It was amazing. I am so grateful that mom was willing to let me be proxy for these amazing women.

2 comments:

Corinne said...

That's so neat Lo. I wish I could've been there.

Alder Family said...

That is such a cool experience!! It is a totally different experience when you are doing names in your own family! They will be so grateful.