5.07.2007

Carolina on my mind

I am off once again. Mom and I are heading down to North Carolina this afternoon so that we can be there tomorrow morning to watch the girls while Erin takes Tom to the airport. I am grateful that I can go down and be helpful but I wish these weren't the circumstances. It was so great to be able to see Tom while he was on R & R, I sure do miss him when he is gone! Other news. No surgery. I went to the doctor on Friday and he told me that there is no guarantee that surgery will actually make me better, that I should deal with what I have been given. Needless to say I was depressed. Mom knew just what would make me feel better, SHOES! She decided since we weren't doing the surgery and the problem is that my shoes hurt my feet uber bad that we will spend some of the money we would have spent on surgery on shoes that actually fit me feet, funny concept eh? So, we got me a pair of running shoes (men's double wides) and a pair of cleats so far. I didn't know cleats could actually be comfortable!!! We are going to get me another pair of the running shoes to wear as everyday shoes to keep the running shoes good for a longer time, and we are going to try and find me some docs, or something of the like, for more dressy shoes that my orthotics will fit in. fun story eh? at least this way i will be able to go to gettysburg this weekend, go to kings dominion, help take care of mom after surgery, and i can get active again a whole lot faster. i will survive this one. i hope everyone is doing well! maybe i'll write again when i get back from north carolina and williamsburg. love everywhere!

4 comments:

erin sheely said...

love to you!!!

Sarah said...

I can't wait to see you in one month and one week!

Alder Family said...

gettysburg?? kings dominion? what the heck? sounds super fun!!!

tom said...

I'm so glad you were there. I'm not sure how we would have taken care of Mary without your help. Thanks Lauren! It was so good to see you.