1. President Hinckley came and spoke at our devotional on Halloween. He talked about life experiences that he's had that has helped him gain his testimony, it was very good!

2. My birthday! I am offically a real adult. I am so grateful to everyone who called, and for my amazing family!
There isn't anyone that I would rather talk to than you! thank you for calling, it truly did make me weekend. Kristin, Tanner, Aunt Cathy, and Hannah took my out last night (monday night) for dinner and it was so nice to celebrate with family.3. Anatomy - I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! If I could spend years learning about the human body I would. Maybe I should! Maybe I will! Anyways, our bodies truly are amazing and I am so grateful for the opportunity to work my tushie off so that I can do well! It really is paying off.
4. My best friend Bree's dad fell from a tree last week and broke his back. They believe he is paralyzed from his waist down, with little fine motor skill in his hands, but have reason to hope that it is not as bad as they thought. Things are really hard and I am trying to be as supportive as I know how but sometimes I feel like I don't know quite what to do, the best thing is to pray and to remember that I can't change the situation, I can help where needed but that's about it.
5. I really do like reading! When I was in Las Vegas visiting mom and sarah I started reading a book by Beverly Lewis called The Shunning. I finished it in like two days and had to get to the library to check out the rest of the series, finished both of those in two days. Don't worry I didn't fall TOO far behind. Anyways, now I am reading Memoirs of a Geisha and I have just becoem aware that there will be parts that I need to skip, but I am so excited about a new found love!
4 comments:
I'm so glad you had a happy birthday Lolo! We were thinking about you all day. And, I am SO HAPPY that you love to read - the Shunning is incredible. I really enjoyed that series too.
It's good to catch up with what's going on your cute life! I am super glad AND impressed you have found time to read for the sheer pleasure of it! And not just a text book. I miss you OODLES!!!!
I LOVED Memoirs, one of my all time favorite books. Glad to hear you are reading :) Happy Birthday, little one! xoxo
i am still so embarassed that I got your B-day messed up. Please forgive me. Also, I LOVED memoirs of a Geisha too, and yes there are severl uncomfortable descriptions. Let me know when your done so we can watch the movie together!!
Post a Comment