9.05.2006

Weekend Fun with the Cahoon Clan!

What a fun weekend!!! I had the opportunity to go down to Brian Head Utah, a 3 hour drive without stupid traffic, with the Cahoon side of my family. I drove down with three of my cousins on Friday night and got down there about 10:30. We were greeted by my Uncle Kevin, Aunt Jeri, Aunt Leslie, Uncle Gary, Grandpa Cahoon, cousin Brett & his girlfriend Whitney. The house was AMAZING! It had seven large bedrooms (two of the rooms had 3 sets of bunk beds each, that is where are the "Little ones" slept) 3 huge living rooms, a big kitchen, HUGE laundry room, sauna, hot tub, etc. Honestly, the place was amazing. We could have had all my neices and nephews screaming in the basement and I would not have been able to hear them upstairs, pretty cool. Saturday Uncle Bob's family came and Katie & Justin. We went to a lake "15 minutes away" according to Uncle Gary but it was really like 40 minutes. I got to go out on Uncle Gary's little motor boat, it was so peaceful. That night we played "Scene It?!" boys v. girls and of course the girls won! Then the BYU game was on so all the uncles watched that while Kristin, Cara & I had a nice chat. Needless to say BYU lost, is anyone surprised?!?! I am certainly not! Sunday was amazing. We had a family fast & testimony meeting. The sacrament was blessed and passed by Grandpa, it was an experience I will never forget. Following the sacrament we were given the opportunity to share our testimonies, it was really cool. Of course, many of us could not keep it together and our stomachs were growling like you would not believe, but it was really really cool. Sunday was a family day. We played games, ate lunch, watched a movie, played more games, heard stories from Uncles Bob & Kevin about their German house keeper ("Do you think i'm PEAUTIFUL KE-VIN?!?!") it was super funny. Anyways, the weekend was really fun. I so wish my family could have been there or that I could have been home with them attending the blessing of my darling new neice, but since that was just not possible I am really glad I got to go and get to know my family better.
School starts today, YIPEE!!!! My roomates got up with my early this morning to carry on the family tradition of McDonald's every single first day of school. I don't know why I keep doing it because it makes my stomach hurt every time but really it is just because it reminds me of my childhood. Wish me luck with my first day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Alder Family said...

You are so cute! I'm so glad that I got to talk to you that day and that you had a good time. We all miss you tons. I love stories of Ingreberg--or whatever her name was. We used to say, hey dad, talk Ingaberg for us, when in reality we wanted them to speak w/ a German accent. We didn't know any better. Good times. I love you!!

Kristin Ann said...

Lolo-
Thank you for coming with us last weekend,it is so much easier with you there. Thank you for your friendship, love, support and endless caring. I love your guts!! Good times!!

Corinne said...

I wish I could've been with you. i love you!